You ask. We answer. It's that easy.
If you are a Nevada resident, here is how to get your MMJ card.
1. Go to http://dpbh.nv.gov and click “medical marijuana registry.”
2. Create your account, scan your driver’s license, download the application and print it out.
3. Part of the application is a physician’s recommendation – take this to your doctor and have your doctor sign it. If you don’t have
a doctor, call The Grove and we’ll point you in the right direction. You’ll sign the waiver and acknowledgement. You must do this in the presence of a Notary Public.
4. After all of your paperwork is filled out, scan it and upload it to the online medical marijuana registry where you created your account.
5. You could receive your letter of approval in as little as 24 hours. You can use this letter at Nevada dispensaries until you get your official card.
6. Remember, you no longer have to visit the DMV to get your card. It’ll be mailed to you automatically.
7. All payments are processed online.
The Grove is here to help.
Contact us if you have any questions.
For the most updated information, please visit the State of Nevada’s FAQ page.
Visit our list of resources for additional assistance.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- A medical condition or treatment for a medical condition that produces, for a specific patient, one or more of the following:
- Persistent muscle spams including, without limitation, spams caused by multiple sclerosis
- Seizures including, without limitation, seizures caused by epilepsy
- Severe nausea
- Severe pain
- Any other condition or treatment for a medical condition that is:
- Classified as a chronic or debilitating medical condition by regulation of the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, or
- Approved as a chronic or debilitating medical condition pursuant to a petition submitted in accordance with NRS 453A.710.
- Get a recommendation from your doctor.
- Bring your complete paperwork from the doctor to The Grove and we will book you an appointment with the State Application Office.
- You will receive a 60-day temporary letter at your state appointment.
- Come back and shop The Grove! Just remember to bring your letter!
The Grove honors valid medical marijuana cards from any state, along with doctors’ recommendations. You will need to complete the state-mandated Nonresident Cardholder Affidavit (out of state MMJ card form). You will also need to show your MM card and a driver’s license or state ID from the same state as the MM card at the time of purchase.
Patients with a valid medical marijuana card or doctor’s recommendation can purchase up to 2.5 ounces every 14 days.
Sorry, if you purchase your medical marijuana in Nevada, it has to stay here.
Nope. To use your medicine responsibly, consume it in the safety of your own home. You should refrain from using it in restaurants, bars, casinos, on public transportation or other public places. Remember, though medical marijuana is legal in the state of Nevada, it’s against federal law to consume it on federal lands, such as national parks.
See our education section for more details
First of all, remember that marijuana affects everyone differently. That’s why it’s important to establish what’s called a “baseline” – that is, consuming a minimum amount and then gauging how it makes you feel and how effective that dosage is in treating your illness. For edibles, start with 5-10 grams. For flower, begin with 1 or 2 draws. It is important that you do not consume more than this while establishing your initial baseline. Write down your dosages and their effects so you can track your dosages responsibly over time.
Always start with your baseline amount. The effects of marijuana differ from person to person, and may vary depending on your individual health conditions, so starting with the smallest recommended amount is always a good idea.
That happens – not every type of medical marijuana product is for everyone. If you’re having a negative experience, write down what your sensations are, the amount you took, and the product you consumed. With that information, you can purchase a different product the next time around. If you experience a medical emergency, be sure to call a doctor for help.
STRAIN SPOTLIGHT: STARKILLERRead More
LEAFLY RANKS THE GROVE AMONGST TOP DISPENSARIES FOR 2017Read More
Get to Know The Grove Medical Marijuana Dispensary: Zach Wright
Zach Wright is the Manager at The Grove medical marijuana dispensary in Pahrump. He assists new patients with obtaining medical marijuana cards, as well as helping patients find the right products to help them.Read More